Thursday, October 28, 2010

Peanut (our baby chick)

Today, I am going to talk about Peanut, our little chick who was born with a deformity.  Sadly she didn't make it.  This unfortunate event happened on September 13. We woke up to find a poor, suffering chick resting peacefully. Hannah was bawling, and refused to do anything but set up a funeral. I came home from school to find a mournful Hannah shoving a piece of wood and a black marker, telling me to  write the day Peanut was born and when she died. I added a sweet message on the wood for Hannah. She was pleased with that. We buried Peanut with our goats at our side. It was sweet and simple. Peanut is probably a lot happier now. Good-Bye Peanut! We will miss you forever.

posted by Claire

5 comments:

  1. Claire,

    I'm very sorry to hear about Peanut but, you are right, at least she's not suffering anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire,

    It was very kind of you to write thoughtful words to comfort your little sister at such a sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my post Jim!(and commenting)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Claire, I very much enjoy reading your highly literate and insightful posts.

    ReplyDelete